Description: The Senior ServiceNow Developer will be responsible for the development and administration of solutions within the ServiceNow environment. The developer will work with members of the ServiceNow team, internal customers, and external vendors to design, implement, test, document, and deploy enhancements, fixes, and configuration changes needed to support the enterprise.
- Support the development and configuration of a variety of areas including, but not limited to Service Portal, Change, Problem, Incident, Service Catalog, Knowledge, Release / SDLC, Asset Management, Configuration Management (CMDB), Project, Time Cards, CMS, Mobility and Reporting.
- Collaborate with team members to define, analyze, understand and document business and technical requirements.
- Design and develop / configure workflows, forms, scripts and underlying logic using SCRUM / Agile methodologies.
- Formulate testing approach, test cases and document them.
- Unit and regression test implemented solutions as required. Support User Acceptance Tests and implement code into Production.
- Participate / conduct code walkthroughs. Develop coding standards.
- Participate in and support ServiceNow version upgrades. Install, test and take new applications live in ServiceNow.
- Offer technical solutions to address complex requirements. Evaluate alternate solutions, identify the best option and implement the solution.
- Create technical architecture, design and user guide documentation.
- Conduct in-person and virtual training sessions for stakeholders as appropriate.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and remedy identified system issues.
- Coach and oversee the activities of ServiceNow support partner resources on an as-needed basis.
- Provide on-call support when Production issues occur.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related area. In lieu of Bachelor’s degree, extensive familiarity with the field’s concepts, practices and procedures is required.
- 6+ years of experience working with ITSM solutions in an enterprise environment.
- 4+ years of ServiceNow development / implementation / administrative experience
- Experience working with databases (MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, etc.).
- Experience working with large global / multinational corporations.
- Experience integrating internal and external (SaaS based) applications.
- Exposure to Identity Management and Single Sign on/Active Directory integrations.
- Superior attention to detail with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to understand complex business needs and adapt appropriately.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies applicable to the ServiceNow platform.
- Certified ServiceNow Administrator, Certified ServiceNow Implementation Specialist.
- ITIL v3 Certification or equivalent practical experience.
- Relevant software development certifications.